Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Juniper (NetScreen) Firewall, PPTP stopped working after upgrade

You should be using the NetScreen-Remote client. But you might be using PPTP since the VPN client does not yet support Vista.

Anyway, in the upgrade to v5.4.0R6, I found that PPTP into a MIP of the Firewall was no longer working.

PPTP is a service installed by default. I created a new service called pptp-custom and put in the correct definition, which is: TCP port 1723, and IP protocol 47. After I replaced the NetScreen "PPTP" with my own "pptp-custom" in the inbound rule, PPTP was able to work again.

I guess the service definition had changed in the upgrade.

1 Comments:

Blogger Feenics said...

What version did you upgrade from?

I noticed this recently after a staged upgrade from ScreenOS4 on a NS50.

I just added GRE into my inbound rule and everything was once more happy.

November 26, 2007 at 5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home